[SOLVED] How do you use RGB when your fans are different companies?

Jul 30, 2020
Hi, so we built a pc for my friend yesterday and prior to that i noticed his rear fan wasn’t rgb like his front 3 fans so i bought him a crosshair rgb one (it didn’t come with a hub or anything). The front three are rgb thermaltake ones and come with the case.

I couldn’t connect the corsair fan to the thermaltake hub (the fan 4 pin literally did not go into any slot on the hub, used or unused, to clarify), so we didn’t know how to power on the rgb for the rear corsair one, but we did get it spinning normally.

Is it possible two have two different types of rgb fans with one hub? We don’t mind it being software controlled or motherboard controlled. Thanks

Solution
Which corsair fan? If it’s argb (can have multiple different colored lights at the same time) plug it into any available 5v argb header on your motherboard and any fan header.
Jul 30, 2020
That fan's RGB plug connects to a Corsair iCue controller or a 12volt motherboard RGB header.
Which motherboard do they have?

Keep in mind that there are 2 plugs on that fan. One for the Fan and one for the RGB.
They have an msi tomahawk b450. Heres a photo from the manual for you. I tried the JRGB2 Port but it was too loose or something? It didn't seem to work but if that is what is supposed to work, i can give it a try along with JRGB1 port. Thanks for the help !
edit*: Yes im aware of the two cables, i just didnt know where to plug the RGB one i guess because the hub was full and i didn't know where it goes on the board. It's currently being powered, just without the RGB.
unknown.png