[SOLVED] How does 165hz work?

Rasmus Gustafsson

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2015
Hello, i got a 165hz HP Omen 27" screen with G-sync, it says from where i bought it that it's a 165hz display but in my settings i can only chose up to 144hz.
Does it use 165hz automatically but it's hidden or why can't i chose 165 specifically as i can chose 60, 85, 144 etc?

If i want to use G-sync, could i cap my FPS at 165 instead of 144 without changing any settings?

Here is a screenshot of my nvidia controllpanel, you'll see what i mean:
View: https://imgur.com/Js4UEIM

Thanks in advance
//Confused man

Solution
From my experience, there should be an option in the monitor settings for overclock (Or something similar) ... click through all the options and once you have found it you should be able to change it to 165hz from the nvidia control panel.

jadc007

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
From my experience, there should be an option in the monitor settings for overclock (Or something similar) ... click through all the options and once you have found it you should be able to change it to 165hz from the nvidia control panel.

Solution

Rasmus Gustafsson

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2015

I can't belive i havent seen that before, i guess ive never been in that menu before, worked perfectly! Thanks alot!!

Reactions: jadc007