How does Arctic Freezer i32 Compares to Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. b for Intel I7 6700?

vollachr

Reputable
Jul 26, 2018
linktr.ee
Hi,

My computer have an Intel Core I7 6700 CPU (Non K Version), I also currently have the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B cooler and very happy with it's performance,

However, the Mugen 2 is large and doesn't leave much space between the heatsink and the Video card, it also covers part of the RAM slots.

This causes problem when I need to reach the release clips on the PCI-E Slot to take the GPU out for maintenance or whatever other reason.

I'm looking to replace it with something that will give similar result but will be smaller in size.

After some research I'm currently thinking about the Arctic Freezer i32 but all reviews I could find for it were done on I7 4790K or older CPUs.

My Mugen 2 cooler produces no more that around 61 Celsius under heavy load on my I7 6700 CPU.

Will the Arctic Freezer i32 be able to produce the same or similar results for my CPU?

BTW, I do use some software OC at times, running my CPU at up to 4GHz.

Considering my current temps though under heavy load It wouldn't be an issue if the new cooler I'll get produce a 1-5 degrees higher temps, it will still be well within the CPU temp range, so that's an acceptable variation.

vollachr

Reputable
Jul 26, 2018
linktr.ee

OK, that's useful information, thanks, I'm just not sure how does video editing compares to high end full HD (1920x1080) Gaming in regard to load and heat, never really did any heavy duty video editing.

Obviously, I would assume that the 6700K produces more heat than the regular I7 6700 I have, so if that is the case I'd assume the same cooler will produce a few less degrees on my I7 6700 cpu under similar conditions, am I right?

I think video editing could more demanding than playing video games.

vollachr

Reputable
Jul 26, 2018
linktr.ee

Did a search and it appears you're right, video editing is more cpu demanding than gaming, so I'm almost sure the i32 should do the job for me now, will do some more research into it but thanks for the input.

TRENDING THREADS