How does Corsair's ICUE rgb software work?

Autocon487

Reputable
Aug 9, 2017
So I'm relatively new to Corsairs ICUE rgb software. I have a k55 keyboard made by them but its features are limited. In videos, I see other keyboards like the k70 has a feature called sprial rainbow wave, and can set certain keys different effects. However, k55 doesnt have any of those. It is because k70 is much better?

Solution
What is available for what model depends on the vendor. The K55 is a lower end non-mechanical model, with pseudo RGB lighting, you can't control each key separately. Most cheaper colored light keyboards do that, you can change colors, but not with full control and only with some preset options.

If you can get the same features in a $50 keyboard vs a $150 one who would buy the $150 one?
What is available for what model depends on the vendor. The K55 is a lower end non-mechanical model, with pseudo RGB lighting, you can't control each key separately. Most cheaper colored light keyboards do that, you can change colors, but not with full control and only with some preset options.

If you can get the same features in a $50 keyboard vs a $150 one who would buy the $150 one?

Solution