How does motherboard sound chip support EAX?

saptadeep_nath_58

Prominent
May 14, 2018
I currently use a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S motherboard, which has an onboard Realtek sound chip.I don't own a dedicated sound card, whicb it means that my sound is being processed by my CPU and audio chip.My question is that how my PC processes EAX, EAX 3 if I don't owm a Sound Blaster card?

Another question which arises from GTA Vice City is that do modern titles such as AC Origins, Battlefield 1 rely on software sound emulation, since GTA Vice City showns it runs on my PC with DirectSound Software Emulation, and not supporting those Sound Blaster DSPs.

Lutfij

Titan
You're probably on a software that's tricking the system to think that there is a Creative(technology) sound card onboard. On another note, there are folks who have managed to hot wire drivers from Creative onto Relatek's audio solution but the results have been hit or mostly miss.

If you see the option in game, I'd suggest to forgo it. If it's within your OS, you're not using the right audio drivers or you have a bootleg version of your OS.

saptadeep_nath_58

Prominent
May 14, 2018
I am using the drivers provided in the disk by the motherboard manufacturer, so I don't know how modern titles are working, and regarding the 'bootleg' version,I believe it is not since I downloaded the .iso from Microsoft site. And Do onboard sound support OpenAl, which maybe the case

And regarding tricking, I don't believe it is getting tricked since I don't get any bugs .I am not the only one with this issue, it happens all around the world and I want to know the reason and how its happening

Sorry for giving your reply a negative, I am new to the forum and I didn't knew the features