How does my build look?

Nexrus

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Hello,

After a couple of weeks of going back and forth, I decided to build instead of buying prebuilt. I really like the idea of knowing exactly what I'm getting and also getting highly rated parts. Below is a link for what I currently have. I really wanted to get a 1070 but it was putting me way over budget. The goal is to use a 1060 for now and upgrade to something better when prices drop. I have a couple of questions that I would like help with. I would also really appreciate any advice and feedback on the build. Thank you.

-BUILD-

1. Should I pay $100 more and get the Ryzen 7? Would the Ryzen 5 cause any issues when I upgrade graphics cards?

2. Is the PSU sufficient for the parts I have? I also have this PSU that's about 5 years old. Could I save some $ and use it?

3. At the bottom the parts list it says "The Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the Asus." Is this basically saying the motherboard doesn't support the liquid cooler I have?

Solution

3. http://www.corsair.com/en-ww/am4-amd-retention-bracket-kit-for-hydro-series-coolers

1. Yes

2. Yes, up to the 1080.

Your PSU is very nice but at 5 years old I'd shelve it for a rainy day.

Solution