Question How does my friend do this?

May 1, 2019
So my friend has the exact same pc as me but he still gets much better performance than me?? I have tried everything on settings and youtube videos but still nothing works even game setting i have everything low and when he has everything high he gets better then me on low?! Please help

Reactions: charles383883

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Is he using a 64bit windows or 32bit? because it seems like you are using a 32bit window which can make a lot of difference in performance.
64bit windows means that the windows are using the RAMS to the fullest.

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Are your graphics card's drivers updated? And I am a bit surprised that even though you're using 64bit of windows only 3.95gb out if 8gb is usable... That might be the issue, idk what needs so much of reserved Ram, probably the bios? Bios doesn't need so much of Ram, mine takes almost 35mb only

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Are your graphics card's drivers updated? And I am a bit surprised that even though you're using 64bit of windows only 3.95gb out if 8gb is usable... That might be the issue, idk what needs so much of reserved Ram, probably the bios? Bios doesn't need so much of Ram, mine takes almost 35mb only

It is 100% the issue, if her/his friend using the entire 8 gb of his rig then that is the issue and that is what making her get less fps than her/his friend.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What do you get on epic settings? "Low" settings is more intensive on the CPU, which might play a part - but doesn't explain the entire discrepancy.

I assume you have 2x4GB? Have you tried to post the system with each module, individually? Try each module, alone, in various slots. I wouldn't be surprised if one module is defective.

Does your friend have the exact same specs? Not just the same CPU or GPU, is it entirely the same?

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
All the same but on epic i get 100 in loading screen and game but it says 8gb installed but 3,95 usable
What games do you play? That's one askable question according to me, that might be a factor as well, as it can be a CPU intensive game and you have a cpu that's less powerful than your friend's and does your friend has no limitations like you are only allowed to use 3.95gb out of your 8gb, so does he have any limitations like that?