[SOLVED] How does my Hardware look from this test?

gameoverman2016

Honorable
Sep 6, 2017
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21933629

I ran a benchmarking and seems the cpu is still holding up ok, The only thing looking a little old is my ram, would I benefit from replacing that or adding to it? Also I have a Thermaltake Mk1 chaer case. Would I benefit from swapping cases to a new case with better air flow? Thanks. I am just looking to see if there are any upgrades I can make this holiday season, I dont think I need to replace the cpu just yet, so looking to see what other side upgrades I might want.

Solution
Phaaze
How far could he take his ram up to and actually gain anything worth the price or effort of Ocing the ram.?
Depends on the games they currently play.
For the OP to see any real gain from the extra bandwidth through faster memory, they'd have to be cpu limited - in 1440p UW... really?

I believe you're already aware of the specific range that is optimal for Ryzen?
For Intel cpus of the Skylake arch(and refreshes), performance from higher memory frequency continues to scale up - but it's not linear; there are diminishing returns.
There will be some benefit to slapping in a 3200mhz kit right now... it won't always be noticeable, but it won't be worth it unless the old kit is sold off to recuperate some of the new investment...
Are you happy with the way it performs?

I only have 1 intel and that is my gaming laptop so I cant speculate to much on intel components and prices.

1 suggestion is
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.3883911

But i can't tell you what kind of gains you would get as to what you do with the system and what the rest of your system specs is.

1 more thought would be a upgraded monitor?
If the experts come in they will be able to help you best.

Reactions: gameoverman2016

gameoverman2016

Honorable
Sep 6, 2017
Are you happy with the way it performs?

I only have 1 intel and that is my gaming laptop so I cant speculate to much on intel components and prices.

1 suggestion is
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.3883911

But i can't tell you what kind of gains you would get as to what you do with the system and what the rest of your system specs is.

1 more thought would be a upgraded monitor?
If the experts come in they will be able to help you best.

I have an I7 6700k, GTX 1080ti and a Z35P 3440x1440. I dont wanna get in trouble with the mods since I asked about cpu upgrading the other day in another thread. I was told pretty much my cpu is fine for now, So as much as I am still looking, I dont wanna upset the mods with multi threading the same topic.

I am curious about an HDR or 4k monitor. I dont always have access to "fun money" for upgrades and will end up spending this money on bills of some sort later, so just trying to secure the next 4 to 6 years of gaming

Gotcha
Seeing how your ram is at 2666 now I'm not sure how far you could go up in mhz
To a point it would be worth the investment and performance wise.
But over all just changing to xmp has helped.

So I really don't see anything that should stop you from getting that time other then a (cuss word LOL) hardware failure or your wants and needs or expectations.

Reactions: gameoverman2016

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1440p ultrawide, huh?
That's going to be more gpu heavy than anything. The mods are right about the cpu being fine for now. A gpu upgrade is what you should be looking at on that resolution.
The higher the res, the bigger the card you're going to need.

IMO, there's really nothing worthwhile currently available for anyone with a 1080Ti except the 2080Ti, and even that is...
Ugh! It's an impressive gpu, I'll give it that, but the price premium just doesn't justify the performance gain over the previous flagship.
Yes, I'm well aware it's an enthusiast product, but that won't stop me from putting some kind of value on it.
With how fast gpu tech progresses, it'll be obsolete in like 3-4 years.

1080Ti is almost 3 years old - still a beast. Nvidia made it too powerful.

gameoverman2016

Honorable
Sep 6, 2017
1440p ultrawide, huh?
That's going to be more gpu heavy than anything. The mods are right about the cpu being fine for now. A gpu upgrade is what you should be looking at on that resolution.
The higher the res, the bigger the card you're going to need.

IMO, there's really nothing worthwhile currently available for anyone with a 1080Ti except the 2080Ti, and even that is...
Ugh! It's an impressive gpu, I'll give it that, but the price premium just doesn't justify the performance gain over the previous flagship.
Yes, I'm well aware it's an enthusiast product, but that won't stop me from putting some kind of value on it.
With how fast gpu tech progresses, it'll be obsolete in like 3-4 years.

1080Ti is almost 3 years old - still a beast. Nvidia made it too powerful.

I have been rocking an Acer Z35P 3440x1440 for a year now(bought it last year for $800) coupled with a GTX 1080ti. I still play all games maxed settings. I just bought the GTX 1080ti 2 years ago. I have no intentions to upgrade my GPU until the 3080ti or 4080ti drops

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Phaaze
How far could he take his ram up to and actually gain anything worth the price or effort of Ocing the ram.?
Depends on the games they currently play.
For the OP to see any real gain from the extra bandwidth through faster memory, they'd have to be cpu limited - in 1440p UW... really?

I believe you're already aware of the specific range that is optimal for Ryzen?
For Intel cpus of the Skylake arch(and refreshes), performance from higher memory frequency continues to scale up - but it's not linear; there are diminishing returns.
There will be some benefit to slapping in a 3200mhz kit right now... it won't always be noticeable, but it won't be worth it unless the old kit is sold off to recuperate some of the new investment.

From 2666, the OP might be able to push 2933(with looser timings)... better to just leave XMP on.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution