Question how does my pc setup perform?

Nov 6, 2022
rx 6600 xt graphiccard
aoc 1440p WQHD screen
ryzen 1600x proccessor
x370gt5 mainboard (max 2600mhz)
ram 16gb 2600mhz

is there anything i should upgrade and if thats the case could you do some recommendations?

Lutfij

Titan
Check and see what your current BIOS version is. You forgot to mention the make and model as well as the age of the PSU. What cooler are you working with? Speaking of cooler's, what case are you working with? As for your ram, got a link to it? In all honesty, if you invested in a dual channel tight timings DDR4-3200MHz ram kit, you'd see an uplift in your platform's performance. That DDR4-2600MHz is actually crippling it.

rustigsmed

Distinguished
hi there,

yes I would upgrade the CPU first, and then probably the ram.
if you are on a budget I would recommend a ryzen 5600. if you want to get something very fast then a 5800x3d - which will last a long time. you will probably need to update the bios version to X37AG323.BSS beforehand - go to the motherboard website and follow instructions. for ram some 3200mhz speed is supported with an OC. get CL16 or less. after you have upgraded the cpu then you have the option to get a faster graphics card if you really want to. thats a choice for you though (and you may need to upgrade a power supply if you change GPU).

Nov 6, 2022
Check and see what your current BIOS version is. You forgot to mention the make and model as well as the age of the PSU. What cooler are you working with? Speaking of cooler's, what case are you working with? As for your ram, got a link to it? In all honesty, if you invested in a dual channel tight timings DDR4-3200MHz ram kit, you'd see an uplift in your platform's performance. That DDR4-2600MHz is actually crippling it.

G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4-3000 CL16 (F4-3000C16S-16GISB ) G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3000, Arbeitsspeicher schwarz, F4-3000C16S-16GISB, Aegis, XMP (alternate.de)

this is the ram i installed for the pc. its like 5 years old its dual ram each 8gb. my mainboard can only support up to 2600mhz so i cant even use the complete power of the ram.

my psu is 500watt be quite 2years old, no problems so far. case is a be quit

Nov 6, 2022
hi there,

yes I would upgrade the CPU first, and then probably the ram.
if you are on a budget I would recommend a ryzen 5600. if you want to get something very fast then a 5800x3d - which will last a long time. you will probably need to update the bios version to X37AG323.BSS beforehand - go to the motherboard website and follow instructions. for ram some 3200mhz speed is supported with an OC. get CL16 or less. after you have upgraded the cpu then you have the option to get a faster graphics card if you really want to. thats a choice for you though (and you may need to upgrade a power supply if you change GPU).

but my mainboard can only support up to 2600 mhz, so why should i upgrade my bios?

Lutfij

Titan
You didn't answer all my questions.

be quit
Be Quiet! have a number of cases in their portfolio, which one do you have?

Also, where are you getting the 3200MHz not being supported(nothing above 2600MHz), claim? Your board shows it to support DDR4-3200MHz with an overclock, per the motherboard's specs, here.

rustigsmed

Distinguished
the bios upgrade is to allow for newer versions of the cpu to be used (eg the 5600 or the 5800x3d) which were released after the motherboard was created. if you don't they won't work.
as for the ram you would have to manually set it in the bios. you may be able to get 3200mhz with that ram. i recommend watching a couple of ram overclocking guides before attempting.

Nov 6, 2022
You didn't answer all my questions.

be quit
Be Quiet! have a number of cases in their portfolio, which one do you have?

Also, where are you getting the 3200MHz not being supported(nothing above 2600MHz), claim? Your board shows it to support DDR4-3200MHz with an overclock, per the motherboard's specs, here.
be quiet! Pure Base 500 Midi Tower

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS