Question How does this build look?

Don’t buy separate sticks of RAM, buy a 2x8gb kit. Mixing single sticks can cause issues. Also Ryzen cpu performance is very dependent on RAM speed, you really want a speed close to 3000mhz.

The PSU is below average quality but will work and if nothing better is available it will do.

The 2600 would be best but if you don’t have the budget after upgrading the RAM then try for at least the 2400G, it has twice as many threads as the 2200G.

lorenzosr97

Prominent
Feb 16, 2018
Don’t buy separate sticks of RAM, buy a 2x8gb kit. Mixing single sticks can cause issues. Also Ryzen cpu performance is very dependent on RAM speed, you really want a speed close to 3000mhz.

The PSU is below average quality but will work and if nothing better is available it will do.

The 2600 would be best but if you don’t have the budget after upgrading the RAM then try for at least the 2400G, it has twice as many threads as the 2200G.

I found 3000mhz 8gb sticks, should i get 2 of those or one 16gb stick also 3000mhz?

The other psu i can get are these

CORSAIR VS650 80 PLUS

EVGA 600W 80 PLUS

Now other question is if it's worth stretching budget $80ish to get Ryzen 5 2600, which has 2 extra cores.

I found 3000mhz 8gb sticks, should i get 2 of those or one 16gb stick also 3000mhz?

The other psu i can get are these

CORSAIR VS650 80 PLUS

EVGA 600W 80 PLUS

Now other question is if it's worth stretching budget $80ish to get Ryzen 5 2600, which has 2 extra cores.
No you want a 2x8gb kit. The kit makes sure both sticks have been tested to work together and using 2 sticks allows the system to run in dual channel.

Those psu choices are worse, keep the one you originally chose.

I would say the 2600 will perform much better in newer cpu heavy games and should last much longer before needing to be upgraded. I would say it is worth it.

lorenzosr97

Prominent
Feb 16, 2018
No you want a 2x8gb kit. The kit makes sure both sticks have been tested to work together and using 2 sticks allows the system to run in dual channel.

Those psu choices are worse, keep the one you originally chose.

I would say the 2600 will perform much better in newer cpu heavy games and should last much longer before needing to be upgraded. I would say it is worth it.

Okay, sounds good. But is there also a possiblity to upgrade my hdd to the 480gb ADATA SSD, and maybe the gpu too to extend the life of my current build? the i5 3570k one.