[SOLVED] How does this (fan) configuration look, on Thermaltake View 37?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Hi, I have a Thermaltake View 37 .. As you may know, there is no mounting any fans on the top of the case.
Here is how I'd configure it to ensure proper airflow, can you confirm that this is ideal?

2x200mm Riing Plus fans - FRONT (intake)
2X120mm Thermaltake fans - BOTTOM (intake)
3X120mm Thermaltake Water 3.0 radiator fans - Mounted against the the RIGHT SIDE of the case (exhaust)
120mm Riing Plus fan - REAR (exhaust)

How does that look ?

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, I have a Thermaltake View 37 .. As you may know, there is no mounting any fans on the top of the case.
Here is how I'd configure it to ensure proper airflow, can you confirm that this is ideal?

3X120mm Thermaltake Water 3.0 radiator fans - Mounted against the the RIGHT SIDE of the case (exhaust)

How does that look ?
All I did was answer your question, whereby you highlighted the question yourself. If you've joined the forums to ask and are expecting to hear back from the community with what you want to hear, then joining the forums was the wrong idea. As...

Lutfij

Titan
The bottom line of that case, is no matter how you orient the fans in that case, there's no going around the fact that the case was horribly designed(much like every other case designed by Thermaltake at this point). With that being said, I'd advise in having no bottom mounted fans, no side fans either, merely having the fans for the AIO work as intake for the chassis and the rear fan to act as exhaust.

Second FYI, please don't mount the fans for the AIO behind the front panel and in front of the case, that way the fans will be choked. You should have the AIO and fans inside the chassis, behind the support/frame/structure.

Reactions: alexbirdie

Colif

Win 11 Master
don't believe us?

depending how you mount the 200mm fans on front, it can make it worse than using the 140mm fans on front.
11 minute mark on video

taking front panel off only way to get reasonable temps

it wouldn't be so bad with an aio mounted on side panel as then CPU would get cool air from outside case and the fans only really there to cool GPU then.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan

How does that look ?
All I did was answer your question, whereby you highlighted the question yourself. If you've joined the forums to ask and are expecting to hear back from the community with what you want to hear, then joining the forums was the wrong idea. As for your point about watercooling the gear inside the case, you might want to read through the watercooling sticky(in my sig space) to understand that watercooling is only going to be as good as your ambient air temps are and if you have good airflow. Due to the case being badly designed, the latter is nullified while the former won't work since the case can't allow air in and out of said case efficiently.

I'd also like to draw your attention to this thread;
Case in point, if you can afford to buy two 3090's, then why aren't you investing in a higher end chassis that has a better design internally and externally and one that's made by a reputable brand like Corsair, Fractal or Lian-Li? If Caselabs were in existence, I'd have suggested that.

If you think we're still wrong(as well as other reputed reviewers) then the best thing you can do is perform testing of your own and proves us all wrong. Do keep in mind that you're going to need data to back up what you're trying to prove. Data = ambient air temps, fans used, fan RPMs, heatware, airflow path/pattern and delta's + load scenario's.

OP, since you're no longer with us, the above message is only here for posterity's sake for the community to benefit off of.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS