Question How does this gaming PC build look?

Lionheartvll

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I am looking to get a new gaming PC. Last time I build a machine I had an issue of bottlenecking as well as some other things I wish I would have done better.

I have been researching top choices for components and have come to the build specified below:

I was wondering if this build seems reasonable for a gaming PC as it currently fits under my budget. I am not looking for the best of the best but I wanted to ensure I was getting a good PC without wasting any money or missing a cheap upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated!

GodEater1911

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I'd say that's top tier one of the best gaming pcs you could get right now all i would "recommend" if you're building the system are getting 3200mhz or better for the ram since it doesn't cost too much more than the 3000mhz, and if you're paying full price for the operating system you could get cd keys for windows 10 pro a lot cheaper around £10) or just use a free one.
also you don't really need a sound card that's more if you're a music producer or something like that if you're just going to use some headphones / headset than i'd say it wouldn't be worth getting a sound card unless it's a decent price, and then the 1tb ssd might not be enough in the future but you can always upgrade / add another ssd.

Reactions: Lionheartvll

Lionheartvll

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I'd say that's top tier one of the best gaming pcs you could get right now all i would "recommend" if you're building the system are getting 3200mhz or better for the ram since it doesn't cost too much more than the 3000mhz, and if you're paying full price for the operating system you could get cd keys for windows 10 pro a lot cheaper around £10) or just use a free one.
also you don't really need a sound card that's more if you're a music producer or something like that if you're just going to use some headphones / headset than i'd say it wouldn't be worth getting a sound card unless it's a decent price, and then the 1tb ssd might not be enough in the future but you can always upgrade / add another ssd.

Thanks for the info! I was looking at a few websites the do the building for you and comparing it to the price of doing it myself and with a discount code I found and a few sales the prices seem about the same. The sound card and Windows are both included as well!

As for the hard drive, I currently have a 2TB HDD and a 250gb Samsung Evo SSD that could be put in if needed.

I will definitely look into the RAM going up to 3200mhz though! Thanks again!

Reactions: GodEater1911

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Don't think that 3000mhz vs 3200mhz ram is going to make such a huge difference.

That list looks like it's pre build though parts look good,just make sure the case is a good and well ventilated case. Other thing is that cooler,might just be good enough for stock speeds of the cpu and not too good for overclocking it if you thought about that.

Lionheartvll

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Don't think that 3000mhz vs 3200mhz ram is going to make such a huge difference.

That list looks like it's pre build though parts look good,just make sure the case is a good and well ventilated case. Other thing is that cooler,might just be good enough for stock speeds of the cpu and not too good for overclocking it if you thought about that.

I am looking on a site where you can pick the pieces but they put it together for you. Good tip on the cooler, thank you!