How does this graphics card thing work?

thetansamurai

Prominent
May 11, 2017
So i recently bought a computer containing an nvidia gtx 1070. I've gone into its settings and configured it (like switching processors and stuff). However, when i try to run XCOM 2, the auto-detect settings are "minimal" and anything above that causes extreme lag. I don't know what i'm supposed to do, the graphics card is lit up and appears to be working, but doesn't affect my games. Please help.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

did you install the drivers for it?

did you make sure your monitor is hooked up to it an NOT the motherboard?

sglowats

Reputable
Feb 15, 2017
I know this sounds silly, but is it possible you're running off of integrated graphics? That seems to be the reason why all graphical settings default to minimum.

Check your inputs in the back of the PC and make sure you're plugged in to the graphics card. Also check Display Settings and make sure the PC defaults to the GTX 1070. Ensure you are running the most current display driver.

My rig uses a GTX 1070, and while I don't own XCOM 2, it can handle most games flawlessly at 1080p with very high / ultra settings.

thetansamurai

Prominent
May 11, 2017

I have the most recent drivers, and my monitor is inputted to the graphics card. I've adjusted the card's settings in the nvidia control panel to use the card. I don't know what to do, it's like the intel graphics automatically takes over no matter what I do. Do i need more inputs to the card? I only have my monitor plugged into it (with the DVI cable and all that jazz).