[SOLVED] How Effective is Ryzen Master in Regards to Overclocking?

EmptyCoconut

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
I don't feel comfortable with overclocking the bios, there is simply too much information and detail for me to pay attention to and understand. As someone who is experienced with neither the software nor the BIOS Ryzen master is a compelling option for safely overclocking my 3700x. How effective, if at all, is this software? Is it reliable? Is it consistent?

Solution
Overclocking and driving have a lot in common. To get the results you are after, generally takes learning how to drive, no matter how much of a pain in the rear it might be. But you'll get out of it what you put into it. Software OC is using Uber, you may or may not get where you want to go, in the time frame you want, and you are totally reliant on the Uber drivers ability to get you there in one piece without getting pulled over or going the long way around.

Old addage: if you want the job done to your satisfaction, do it yourself.

With 3rd release Ryzen, it's generally better to just enable PBO and allow the cpu to govern itself. It already knows full well how to drive and doesn't require input from the back seat.
I don't feel comfortable with overclocking the bios, there is simply too much information and detail for me to pay attention to and understand. As someone who is experienced with neither the software nor the BIOS Ryzen master is a compelling option for safely overclocking my 3700x. How effective, if at all, is this software? Is it reliable? Is it consistent?
Software solutions are almost never as effective as doing it in BIOS.

Reactions: Karadjgne

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Overclocking and driving have a lot in common. To get the results you are after, generally takes learning how to drive, no matter how much of a pain in the rear it might be. But you'll get out of it what you put into it. Software OC is using Uber, you may or may not get where you want to go, in the time frame you want, and you are totally reliant on the Uber drivers ability to get you there in one piece without getting pulled over or going the long way around.

Old addage: if you want the job done to your satisfaction, do it yourself.

With 3rd release Ryzen, it's generally better to just enable PBO and allow the cpu to govern itself. It already knows full well how to drive and doesn't require input from the back seat.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution