How efficient is a Powerline adapter?

Urahara-shoten

Honorable
Mar 6, 2017
I have an older house around 70 years old and the wiring i believe is the original does this have any effect on how well the powerline performs? Also, are there any better alternatives?I tried wifi but does not work because of interferance and I cannot connect the PC to the modem with an ethernet cable because of distance and walls.

Solution
I have an older house around 70 years old and the wiring i believe is the original does this have any effect on how well the powerline performs? Also, are there any better alternatives?I tried wifi but does not work because of interferance and I cannot connect the PC to the modem with an ethernet cable because of distance and walls.

I wouldn't hold much hope for performance over electrical wiring of that age, but the only way to know for certain is to try it yourself. Just be sure to plug the powerline device directly to the wall outlet (no power strips or surge protectors) and follow any other manufacturer instructions for the best quality service.

Alternatives? If you have coax outlets nearby, there are MoCA devices that can...

Urahara-shoten

Honorable
Mar 6, 2017

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

I wouldn't hold much hope for performance over electrical wiring of that age, but the only way to know for certain is to try it yourself. Just be sure to plug the powerline device directly to the wall outlet (no power strips or surge protectors) and follow any other manufacturer instructions for the best quality service.

Alternatives? If you have coax outlets nearby, there are MoCA devices that can perform well. If you are desperate, wifi extenders can be used but at a significant cost in bandwidth.

A wired connection is really your best option. Distance and walls can be overcome with a little time and patience. :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS