[SOLVED] How exactly do I increase my ram speed

Jan 22, 2020
I have a Ryzen 3 2200g, ASRock B450m HDV r4.0, Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 8GB 3000MHz Performance Memory Module - PVS48G300C6, and BIOS version is 3.20. CPUID says my DRAM frequency is at 1064MHz. I don't know how to make it higher. Also, when I put the xmp profile on, the computer just doesn't boot (fans are spinning and lights are on but there is no image). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
when you enable the XMP profile, give it a little time before you decide that it's not booting as the system may take a minute or two to recognize thew new config.

if you must back down the speed after enabling XMP you can go to bios and use the PAGE UP and PAGE DN buttons on the RAM speed option, good luck
when you enable the XMP profile, give it a little time before you decide that it's not booting as the system may take a minute or two to recognize thew new config.

if you must back down the speed after enabling XMP you can go to bios and use the PAGE UP and PAGE DN buttons on the RAM speed option, good luck

Solution

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Ah, I see.

Memory modules are sold and expected by default to run in dual channel mode (2 RAM sticks working together). Becuse of this, when they are sold they are stated as xxxx speed memory, but only if used in dual channel.

Any single piece of RAM will only run at half the "stated" speed if no other ram is installed, because its not in dual channel.