How far can Sata power cables bend?

Iamsodumb

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
When I put my back case panel on, the sata power cable (not the one that plugs into the motherboard but the power from the power supply connector) bends around 90° but a rounded curve. Can power supply connectors bend this much? Also the cables that connect from the motherboard bend around 90° but in a curved way.
Can they bend that MUCH? I've been using the pc for a couple days now and I haven't seen or found any problems with my files. I just don't want to damage anything...

Solution
I've bent SATA power cables to make a 180 degree bend with the stock cabling. If the system is running fine as is, leave it. If you're worried, then you can pass on a picture of the bends and how the cable work in your case is.

I'll be glad to pass on suggestions if necessary ;)

Lutfij

Titan
I've bent SATA power cables to make a 180 degree bend with the stock cabling. If the system is running fine as is, leave it. If you're worried, then you can pass on a picture of the bends and how the cable work in your case is.

I'll be glad to pass on suggestions if necessary ;)

Solution

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
just for the research , i just cut open a sata sable .The wires inside are silver in color and bend 180 degrees easily, i even did bent it back to 0 and then 180 degees like i want to snap it but it stands firm. So in conclusion, you can bend it however you like!

Iamsodumb

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Thanks, so in conclusion, sata cables from the motherboard and the power cables from the power supply can bend up to 180*? thanks guys, that stops my worries