How fast is USB 3.0 in Win 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Bentsen

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
What I like about Win 8 is the fast USB 3.0 transfer speed, typically 150 MB/sec +/- 50 MB/sec, whereas Win 7 USB 3.0 transfer speeds are much lower on this laptop. So if I'm doing a lot of hard drive copying, I'll boot into Win 8. Is Win 10 fast with the USB 3.0 like Win 8 is, or even faster?

Unfortunately, my laptop has been killing external hard drives quite a lot lately, and I'm having better luck with my desktop on Vista at USB 2.0 speeds.

Solution
Probably IDENTICAL to W8.

In fact, I'd expect W7 to also be the same which suggests you don't are can't get proper drivers working for W7.

Also not sure what you mean by "killing" hard drives means. Actually damaging USB hard drives seems unlikely to me, unless you have a major software issue causing data corruption.

Thus I'd run MEMTEST for sure www.memtest.org
Probably IDENTICAL to W8.

In fact, I'd expect W7 to also be the same which suggests you don't are can't get proper drivers working for W7.

Also not sure what you mean by "killing" hard drives means. Actually damaging USB hard drives seems unlikely to me, unless you have a major software issue causing data corruption.

Thus I'd run MEMTEST for sure www.memtest.org

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS