How find system setup?

I have inherited an old Dell Latitude 300XT. I want to enter the cmos setup
to change it so it will boot from a CD. I tap F1 at bootup and nothing
happens. I think what I am trying to do is what Dell docs call "entering
system setup" but I can't figure out how to do it. This machine is running
Windows 2000 Professional.

In news:W28ce.2602$iZ1.2514@trnddc03,
Gordon Nelson <popop3@verizon.net> typed:
> I have inherited an old Dell Latitude 300XT. I want to enter the cmos
> setup to change it so it will boot from a CD. I tap F1 at bootup and
> nothing happens. I think what I am trying to do is what Dell docs
> call "entering system setup" but I can't figure out how to do it.
> This machine is running Windows 2000 Professional.

Try the "Delete" key...worked on Dim4100. Probably do a search on Google
groups or the Dell Webpage and find a solution if Delete doesn't work. The
new Dell computers are using F2 for the BIOS.

....Allen

All Dell docs found here;
http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/documentation.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~cat=12