How fix ActiveX/COM problem?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Some of my applications are complaining that they can't find certain
things to do with COM.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what COM is and I am not much wiser
after using Google although I think it may be linked to ActiveX.

If I have disabled ActiveX in IE (I am told it is a security risk)
then would that affect stand-alone applications which have nothing to
do with IE?

Can I re-install COM?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The error message you receive and what you're doing might help. Also check
Event Viewer for errors.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional