[SOLVED] How fragile are psu ac ports?

Nik1120

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2012
Hey guys just got a new pc with a 1000w rog strix psu. Its based on the seasonic focus plus i believe. I had to take the cable in and out of the ac port on the psu. It was quite difficult to get out and took some wiggling. Looked like the casing gave quite a bit... nothing seems to be damaged on the outside and everything works fine. Might just be overthinking, but how easily can the internals of the psu ac port be damaged?

Solution
The only thing i see which is impossible to show in a picture, would be if u wiggle the cable a bit, the port appear move veeeery slightly. I imagine thats just normal though.
Those sockets are generally pretty robust.
I don't recall ever having a problem with one.
I think you will probably be fine.
Hey guys just got a new pc with a 1000w rog strix psu. Its based on the seasonic focus plus i believe. I had to take the cable in and out of the ac port on the psu. It was quite difficult to get out and took some wiggling. Looked like the casing gave quite a bit... nothing seems to be damaged on the outside and everything works fine. Might just be overthinking, but how easily can the internals of the psu ac port be damaged?
As long as the prongs are snug I would use it.

Reactions: Nik1120

Nik1120

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2012
The only thing i see which is impossible to show in a picture, would be if u wiggle the cable a bit, the port appear move veeeery slightly. I imagine thats just normal though.