How fragile is RAM?

G

I ask because Newegg just shipped my RAM (sticks Mushkin) loosely packed in a box with a heavy power supply - a Corsair 750 TX. Knowing UPS the box was knocked around, and there was lots of room for the PSU to build up some speed to impact the RAM. Boneheads!

I live in Texas. I wont be able to test the RAM for several weeks as Im slowly buying my other components and going into crunch time at work (trade show time in my industry).

Its so ironical - they put the RAM in with the PSU, then sent a separate box with just a USB cable lol

What would you do?

G

the RAM had 0 to 1 layers of bubble back on the side on the blister pack that the RAM chips were one. I say zero to one bc over one stick of RAM, all the bubbles were deflated bc that is where the person who packed it cut the bubble pack puncturing the whole line of "bubbles."

G

Im unpacking - the RAM (mushkin XP2-8500 2 x 2gb) has metal casing over the chips - thats encouraging!

Dougx1317

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
RAM is fairly durable for what it is. Is there any physical damage to it? Was it in an anti-static bag of some sort? How much money is on the line? Also, doesn't newegg have a 30 day return policy? I'd suggest that you try it in a friends computer.

G

I have accelerated by build schedule and made the pilgrimage to micro center last night. wow - i cant believe there is one within an hour of me! I got E8400 for $149, and big Xymatek for $28 something! btw, I dont work for them - ive been loyal Newegger until this shipping idiocy - now I have a place where I can walk in and see what Im buying, no shipping, and due to my work - no tax! I was in hog heaven, and after hanging HERE at Toms for a couple weeks, I could actual converse with the guru there. he said I picked great component for my first build. I actually corrected him on the specs for one item lol - I want a plaque - thats a first : ) so I build on Tuesday to test the RAM and put this puppy to work! THANKS !!!