Question How get my game displayed right on my wide screen monitor?

Mar 13, 2020
Not sure where to ask this… I have Dell running Windows 10 and a Dell U3818DW (38 in) monitor with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 graphic card. The monitor is set to 3840 x 1600. Most of the games I play are fine but I have a couple from 1 developer who’s games don’t play nice with my monitor and settings. (And yes, I’ve opened up help desk tickets but they are “too busy” to help yet).

The problem is if I set
Full Screen & Wide Screen on all I have is the inventory bar – no map, menu, etc
FS on, WS off, I have everything on the bottom, inventory bar, map, menu but part of the picture is cut off and I have large black bars on the side
FS off, WS on, I have everything but at 3840 x 1600, it’s kind of small….

I have tried some of the compatibility settings in properties, like run in compatibility mode for Windows 8 & 7. I’ve also tried Change High DPI Scaling. I’ve also tried changing my resolution and that didn’t help. I feel like I’m grabbing straws at random.
I tried changing some of the Nvidia settings like scaling mode but I’m really not sure what I’m doing and I don’t want to break something else.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated even if it’s just I can get a larger windowed mode..

Thanks, Marjory M

Mar 13, 2020
umm.... :giggle: They are hidden object adventure type games, nothing too taxing.
The games are Dark City Dublin and Living Legends Crystal Tear. The developer is 4 Friends Games...

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks @boju but as I said, I've already opened help desk tickets with both the devs & BFG.
I was more interested in seeing if I could find any Windows or Nvidia settings that could help. Maybe the Graphics Card forum would be a better place to post..