Question How good a monitor can I get? Any recommendations for my setup?

Aug 3, 2021
I have an older desktop but it was high-end when I built it. I see some higher-end newer monitors in auction, but I need to know how good a monitor my computer can support. I play a lot of Fallout. I have a I75820K processor with 2 GTX970 cards in an SLI setup. 32g ram. Also if I add a 3d card does it change how good a monitor I can use?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Adding GPU's will only mean you're burning through more utility and dumping more heat into the chassis and in turn your home. You might want to think about retiring the SLI setup in the future when the cost of GPU's normalizes and invest in a single most powerful GPU since you can do more with less and also get more eye candy. Ad for the monitor suggestions, please fill out the questions found in this thread, towards the end of the first post. We can move forward from there.

Aug 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Adding GPU's will only mean you're burning through more utility and dumping more heat into the chassis and in turn your home. You might want to think about retiring the SLI setup in the future when the cost of GPU's normalizes and invest in a single most powerful GPU since you can do more with less and also get more eye candy. Ad for the monitor suggestions, please fill out the questions found in this thread, towards the end of the first post. We can move forward from there.
Liquid-cooled and I don't have any heat problems. "You might want to think about retiring the SLI setup in the future when the cost of GPU's normalizes and invest in a single most powerful GPU" I'd have to gut the whole computer to do that, board, cpu the works. I currently haven't found any game that I can't play with this setup. I just want to know how good a monitor or type of monitor I can get.