[SOLVED] How good are the Ryzen 4300GE graphics?

Solution
6 Vega cores, so roughly an older AMD R7-250 or Nvidia GT740

Nothing really recent it compares to. The low end GPU market has more or less gone away in favor of integrated graphics from Intel or AMD.

Lutfij

Titan
I don't think you can compare that 35W TDP APU to anything on the market with concurrent tech or at least something that's available off the shelf unless you're going to dig up cards from about a decade ago. The APU in question was aimed at office'ish builds with no gaming involved. For the sake of relevance, you could use PassMark scores to try and get a gauge of the graphics prowess of the APU but that isn't a direct comparison of cards.

Feb 13, 2023
I don't use a graphics card. I don't game.
It confuses some people. I get asked how good it is.
Is there a comparison I could tell them? Perhaps that it is the equivalent of another, older, graphics card for example?
https://www.amd.com/en/product/10221
Thanks.
I have one ,so its good actuly if you get ur TDP more higher, I use 85 tdp power with good wather cooling system and i got arond 60 fps on some low to medium settings, around 64C

chuffedas

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
6 Vega cores, so roughly an older AMD R7-250 or Nvidia GT740

Nothing really recent it compares to. The low end GPU market has more or less gone away in favor of integrated graphics from Intel or AMD.
Oh, I see. That is great, thank you.
Funnily enough, I just got rid of my old graphics card. It was an AMD R7 250 :)

chuffedas

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I don't think you can compare that 35W TDP APU to anything on the market with concurrent tech or at least something that's available off the shelf unless you're going to dig up cards from about a decade ago. The APU in question was aimed at office'ish builds with no gaming involved. For the sake of relevance, you could use PassMark scores to try and get a gauge of the graphics prowess of the APU but that isn't a direct comparison of cards.
Thank you for that, it has helped me understand.

chuffedas

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I have one ,so its good actuly if you get ur TDP more higher, I use 85 tdp power with good wather cooling system and i got arond 60 fps on some low to medium settings, around 64C
Thank you. I have just realised I missed some info on the OP.
I also have one. I don't have need for any better, but it is good to know it can be pushed as far as that, I did not know that.
I don't game and went down the low TDP on purpose to reduce power and heat and am going fanless for the quiet side of life.
Thanks again though. It is interesting info. I am surprised it can go that good.