[SOLVED] How good is Antec NeoEco Zen Gold?

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Bought a NeoEco Zen and not sure if I should upgrade later on in the year or stick with it? Believe it's a B+ on the psu tier list and think someone said it was made by seasonic? Heard it might be based on the focus gold architecture but that might just be rumour! It's got jp caps on most of the caps...

What are your thoughts? Just curious... Its nicely built and I opened it up to see what makes it tick! Fans abit cheap but not the worst I have seen.

Solution
I had believed the unit to be built by andyson, but with how many people say it's seasonic, I am unsure now. TBH, the internals look nothing like a focus plus, so I am still apt to call it andyson even though there is no evidence for either oem.

Depending on the model, the primary side will either have a lower performing hitachi mani cap(still good) or a bit better performing Nichicon cap(700w unit). On the secondary side, no japanese caps are used, just taiwanese(made in china) Teapo caps, which are fine budget oriented caps, certainly not bad.

Overall the unit test fine, good load regulation and ripple, I don't expect failure anytime soon. The first part to go will likely be the sleeve bearing fan.
I had believed the unit to be built by andyson, but with how many people say it's seasonic, I am unsure now. TBH, the internals look nothing like a focus plus, so I am still apt to call it andyson even though there is no evidence for either oem.

Depending on the model, the primary side will either have a lower performing hitachi mani cap(still good) or a bit better performing Nichicon cap(700w unit). On the secondary side, no japanese caps are used, just taiwanese(made in china) Teapo caps, which are fine budget oriented caps, certainly not bad.

Overall the unit test fine, good load regulation and ripple, I don't expect failure anytime soon. The first part to go will likely be the sleeve bearing fan.

Solution

I think you're right about Andyson-
http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?16943-Antec-Announces-NeoECO-Zen-Gold-series

That's the post I had based my initial thoughts from, but there was no confirmation on this anywhere else, the lack of reviews don't help either. But after comparing the internals of many focus/focus gold units including the antec gold pro, the internal layout does not bear resemblance to any seasonic layout.

There's a review in korean here, good for internal pics.