[SOLVED] How good is the scaling of multi-FPGAs?

Solution
According to this post (https://blog.esciencecenter.nl/why-use-an-fpga-instead-of-a-cpu-or-gpu-b234cd4f309c), you can connect things directly to the pins of an FPGA.
So can you connect another FPGA directly to the pins of the other, and have one very powerful FPGA?
Did you actually read your link?
Read and understand?

"Another, more arduous, route one could take is to design a special circuit for this specific computation "
"You can configure the FPGA to become any circuit you want to (as long as it fits on the FPGA). "
"let’s discuss the main disadvantage of FPGAs: they are really much harder to program/configure than instruction based architectures (i.e. CPUs and GPUs). "
"the...

USAFRet

Titan
According to this post (https://blog.esciencecenter.nl/why-use-an-fpga-instead-of-a-cpu-or-gpu-b234cd4f309c), you can connect things directly to the pins of an FPGA.
So can you connect another FPGA directly to the pins of the other, and have one very powerful FPGA?
Read and understand?

"Another, more arduous, route one could take is to design a special circuit for this specific computation "
"You can configure the FPGA to become any circuit you want to (as long as it fits on the FPGA). "
"let’s discuss the main disadvantage of FPGAs: they are really much harder to program/configure than instruction based architectures (i.e. CPUs and GPUs). "
"the difference in engineering details is vast "

Its a bit more than just soldering some pins together.

Solution
Dec 12, 2018
Read and understand?

"the difference in engineering details is vast "

Its a bit more than just soldering some pins together.
I read it but I guess I didn't understand it. Thanks for the help though!

TRENDING THREADS