How good is this? (Gaming)

Wild__

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Basically the title. Also how would this run these games?

Arma 3
BF4
Metro Redux games

I already have a pc but im looking to upgrade it to play these games.

This is what I have

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/B9qFCy

I feel the cpu is the weak point as I get decent fps (40fps ish) on nf4 but sh*t fps on arma on lowest settings (20fps ish in KOTH) but any suggestions would be good.

Thanks

Solution
the moderator says you wrote something you shouldn't, don't see what

about the 66k, it is a cpu meant to be overclocked, i don't recomend overclockings much, is in some cases a problem to do and at best you gain 5 frames per second over the non overclocked cpu

i see that idea as a waste of money, buy a cpu knowing that i will have to change mainboard and ram later, is for me a waste of time and money but in the end is your decision

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the cpu is a bit small, i know because i have one and goes on 1080p at 30 to 40 in medium to high on similar games

perhaps arma 3 could be affected by the cpu, not sure

try to get 2x4 gb ram to use the dual channel feature on the motherboard or buy another 8 gb later to run in dual channel

you mention two monitors, if you are planning on running both for gaming, then surelly this cpu is too small, perhaps the gpu too

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
ahaha same name but differnet company

don't worry

about the gpu, it is still a limitation for multiple monitor setup and those games, so select only one ultrawide is a better decision

i would change the gpu to a rx480

that mainboard uses ddr3, it is better to use a mainboard with ddr4, it will be faster, rmember to add another 8 gbs to work in dualchanel that ram

Wild__

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

the thing is I already have the first link I posted and I wont be able to upgrade the cpu and motherboard at the same time as the gpu and ram due to money reasons. Do you reckon I should upgrade to the 6600k first and have to wait till later to upgrade the gpu and ram, or the gpu and ram first?

Also I did not mean to add 2 monitors. I am, and will, only be using 1 monitor.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the moderator says you wrote something you shouldn't, don't see what

about the 66k, it is a cpu meant to be overclocked, i don't recomend overclockings much, is in some cases a problem to do and at best you gain 5 frames per second over the non overclocked cpu

i see that idea as a waste of money, buy a cpu knowing that i will have to change mainboard and ram later, is for me a waste of time and money but in the end is your decision

Solution

Wild__

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

yeah, I got the original pc almost 3 years ago now I think and now I wish I never cheaped out on the cpu... Thanks for the answers by the way!