How Good is This P.C. Build (already built, amd build)

Westfalls

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
i have built my gaming pc and i just want some advice

Parts:
AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

Amd Radeon 7870 Ghz edition

WD 1tb Hardrive

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Rosewill
CHALLENGER case

and a 700watt powersupply

Windows 8

no optical drive (who needs one with steam?)

so far i can play bioshock infinite max at 60-120fps

This was a budget build

Total price after sales: around $550

Not included in final price: 24inch 1080p Dell Monitor

likely you used a cheapo power supply if it was only $550 total budget which is ill advised but other than that the specs arent terrible. the motherboard will hold you back on overclocking a bit though (while the 970 does support overclocking the 990fx is superior for serious oc)

Westfalls

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

the powersupply is actually good quality, most of my stuff is from blackfriday and cybermonday so far a lot of stuff i got half off or near.

Westfalls

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

the powersupply is actually good quality, most of my stuff is from blackfriday and cybermonday so far a lot of stuff i got half off or near.

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
You need an optical drive to boot your PC from the Windows CD. You could use a USB drive to do so, but you'll face tons of problems if not done correctly.

Are you sure that PSU is of good quality ? The PSU is not to be forgotten.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Tier 5 - Other than the units listed above for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.

....Thermaltake TR2 (and TR2-RX)....

apparently the tr2 model tested (it wasnt the 700w model) melted down at a lower wattage than it was rated for. the 700w you picked should be sufficiently large so that this doesnt happen but i wouldnt trust it anywhere near its rated maximums.

Westfalls

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

for my motherboard I only paid $40 for it because of the discount i got with the CPU and ram and it didn't apply to the 990fx so that's why I didn't get that one

TRENDING THREADS