How hard is it to build a pc?

Flyzeh10

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
I'm thinking of buying parts for a pc but i am undecided on whether to try and build it my self or pay someone to. How hard are they to build?

RockyPlays

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
It is not that difficult if you follow the directions. You could also watch a video that shows you what to do. I recently built my computer and it is totally worth it. No need to spend money getting someone to do it for you.

Calvin3200

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
For the most part, it's plug and play... if you know where something goes, it plugs in easily.

The most important part is the thermal paste on the CPU... if it isn't done right, you'll fry your CPU. It's very very easy, and you can figure out how to do it correctly by spending 5 minutes on youtube or google, but again, super important. 99% of the time, the "grain of rice" method works best.

Other than that, you just need patience. It's pretty simple and straight forward.

Just look it up on youtube, there will be a million videos on it. You'll do fine and save a ton of money in the process.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished

Oooh. Don't forget this: When installing an LGA processor, be VERY careful at not damaging the pins. I've seen that quite a bit. A minor mistake here by dragging something the wrong way or dropping something on an exposed LGA socket will wreck your day completely.

Along with your build.