[SOLVED] How high is safe DRAM voltage for ryzem.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of second-guessing myself. How high is too high for dram voltage on 1st generation ryzen?

My ram is stable at 3333mhz with 1.4v and its been stable for months, but im greedy. I tried 1.43v and 3466mhz, and it boots fine, but fails benchmarks.

Specs are in top spoiler in sig.

Last edited:
Solution
well u should go with memtest, that way ull see how many errors u get, if changes are improving it or making it worse

as far as your timings go...
tWR should be 10 or 12
tRTP should be from half tWR up to 12 (if twr its 12 then min is 6)
your twr is 26 atm (which is slow for your refresh)

another inconsistency is tRFC 443 while tRC is 80
tRFC is multiple of your tRC (from 6 up to 8)
so if we say tRFC is 443, then tRC can be within 55 ~ 74 range

tCWL should be same as tCL
how any errors u get in memtest? if only few once a while, try rise main timings

usualy toying with other stuffs is usefull only if u cant POST or u get hundreds/thousand of errors in metest within few seconds (unstable link)
if link is stable and u get only few errors here and there, then start with main timings

well u should go with memtest, that way ull see how many errors u get, if changes are improving it or making it worse

as far as your timings go...
tWR should be 10 or 12
tRTP should be from half tWR up to 12 (if twr its 12 then min is 6)
your twr is 26 atm (which is slow for your refresh)

another inconsistency is tRFC 443 while tRC is 80
tRFC is multiple of your tRC (from 6 up to 8)
so if we say tRFC is 443, then tRC can be within 55 ~ 74 range

tCWL should be same as tCL

Solution
I tested my settings in memtest and got 100 errors in the first dew seconds, so i cancelled it.

I applied your latest advice and managed 87 errors after 1 pass.

I increased soc voltage to 1.2 and the ram to 1.42 and it gives no errors in memtest.

Ill try tweaking voltage around.

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
"SOC voltage is the voltage to the IMC and like with Intel, it's not recommended to leave it on auto. You typically want 1.0 - 1.1v as above 1.1v doesn't help much if at all.
On Ryzen 2000 (possibly 1000 and 3000 as well), above 1.15v can negatively impact overclocking."
what about APUs like ryzen 3400g? I've heard that you can set SoC voltage at 1.25v when u have an APU

Status
Not open for further replies.