Question how i can overclock it ?

Mohanad9555

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
hello guys .so i was asking how can i overclock my Xeon W3680 it's stock is 3.33 GHz and i need to overclock it like 3.8 or 4.0 GHz and i have a lenovo thinkstation s20 and i can't find the overclocking settings in bios ?and one have a information share it with me.. and thanks

this is my bulid
Xeon w3680 3.33 GHz 6 core
Gigabyte gtx 670 windforce 3x OC 2GB
10 GB ram 1336 Mhz
625 PSU 80 plus bronze

Mohanad9555

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
Well....Your system isn't a Dell T3500 or HP Z400.
Most OEM boards/ machines cannot overclock. Yours is part of the majority.
another reply here!!
i don't know what i was doing but it over clock ..
first i was using ThrottleStop to overclock it but it wont overclock or make a turbo boost..but i play in some bios settings i disable Vt-d and it worked!! now the turbo boost is 3.60 Ghz!!!>
but when i overclock it to 4.0 GHz it crashed i don't know why but i think 3.6 Ghz is enough for gaming isn't it?

another reply here!!
i don't know what i was doing but it over clock ..
first i was using ThrottleStop to overclock it but it wont overclock or make a turbo boost..but i play in some bios settings i disable Vt-d and it worked!! now the turbo boost is 3.60 Ghz!!!>
but when i overclock it to 4.0 GHz it crashed i don't know why but i think 3.6 Ghz is enough for gaming isn't it?
It's good dude. Anyways, you don't wanna do too crazy of an overclock. All that matters is if the pc works for you.

Mohanad9555

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
It's good dude. Anyways, you don't wanna do too crazy of an overclock. All that matters is if the pc works for you.
yeah it's work perfect but i have problem with the GPU not in all games is 99%usage some games is 95-99% and so games 60-90% don't know the answer i post some threads but no reply.if u have any idea tell me..
i hear some people have the excat same problem that they do a fresh install but i don't know how to do it

If your CPU OR GPU is at/near 100% and the other one isn't that means the one that's near 100% is bottlenecking the other one. Pretty simple.
Generally speaking - CPU tells the GPU what to draw. GPU draws the frame and sends it off to the monitor. If the GPU finishes its render before the CPU can tell it what to draw next, the GPU has to wait = GPU < 100% usage. Same thing vice-versa.
You can "optimize" usage so that both your CPU and GPU are near 100% by adjusting game settings accordingly. If the GPU usage is lower than the CPU usage, increase the detail settings. If the GPU usage is higher, decrease the detail settings.

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf

Mohanad9555

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
ok first thank u for reply so that what the idea i don't have bottleneck CPU Usage (20-50% MAX) but..when i play some games on low settings GPU usage (60-90%) 100 FPS but if i higher the settings it get GPU usage (80-99%) 170 FPS!!! so what is that
like GTA V when i make everything on high GPU usage (60-90%) FPS 30-90 but when i enable MSAA to x8 the GPU usage is 97-99% and FPS is 40?
same at Fortnite-CSGO-KSP program
any help here that will be helpfull

TRENDING THREADS