Question how i can setup pci to sata

Jun 28, 2020
hello ,my motherboard can't read HDD connected in SATA , so i buy PCI to SATA (PDC 20378) and i connect my HDD to this card
when pc start i start FASTTRAK setting and i chose"auto array" and i can see my HDD ,
but when i start load pc hdd can't find , i try to install new windows but also i can't find my hdd
so how i can setup this card

setting;
amd fx4100
8gb ram
hdd 500 gb
gpu hd6670

Last edited:

Grobe

Distinguished
How did the motherboard become like this? Did you ran a bios update that maybe failed?

What motherboard do you have ?

Can you try to boot off a Linux Live ISO image (DVD or usb stick), and see if the drives are still inacessible?

Do you see any hdd listed up in bios --> boot order menu ?

Jun 28, 2020
How did the motherboard become like this? Did you ran a bios update that maybe failed?

What motherboard do you have ?

Can you try to boot off a Linux Live ISO image (DVD or usb stick), and see if the drives are still inacessible?

Do you see any hdd listed up in bios --> boot order menu ?
i have MSI 760gm20 px
i can run bios menu with Delet button , i try to allow SAta but devise is not detected
and i don't tun any update
i try boot load windows 7 with USB but list of hdd is empty so i go blow to add drive but still empty
hdd liste in bios is empty

so i put PCI TO SATA card and i run setting of this card (it like bios ) in this setting i can see me HDD i add auto array , it added
and i go to bios to liste boot order i see new slot "RAID ;xxx " i think it name of card and when i load pc there is message "no bootable device" and liste hdd in windows setup still empty

Grobe

Distinguished
You must find the drivers yourself, the video is just to describe the process of installing Windows to a drive that is connected to a storage controller that isn't supported by windows out of the box.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS