Question How I knew if my new RTX ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti, is strong and run with standard power?

Jun 29, 2022
Hello,
Need your advice please,
I bought my new ASUS ROG Strix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti OC. and when I test it using TechPowerUp GPU-Z software, it show me a bad sign, the GPU clock showed that 210.0 MHZ speed and the Memory clock is 50.6 MHZ. but when I read in GPU-Z software website it shows that the Memory clock of my card must be 1575 MHz for the same other standard cards, and the standard Memory clock must be 1188 MHz. there is a huge difference between 210 MHZ and 1575. is that normal ??
I attached a screenshot of running GPU-Z software on my card, can you guys please check if everything is normal?
Thank you very much for your support.

Jun 29, 2022
Intel Xeon E5-2696 V3 @2.30 GHz 18 Core
Z10PE- D16 WS
65 Gb Memory
The power supply is Corsair Ax 1200 W.
I used two original PCI 16 Cable from Corsair and I Bought a third one which also same PCI Cable. is this can affect,
did you notice any issue with power from my GPU-Z software result?

is there any benchmark software you can suggest to test my card? so I can share it with you to compare if the card works properly?
3D Mark Time Spy. It should be freely available and is more or less a standard benchmark.

Do not use 3D Mark's database to compare, as you'll be comparing against people who overclocked the snot out of their cards. Use the score from a website that reviewed the RTX 3070 Ti.

alexbirdie

Respectable
unigine heaven, unigine superposition, 3dmark firestrike ( and benchmarks in some games, f.i. in tombraider-shadows there is a build in benchmark, cyberpunk do have one, for cs:go a benchmark-map can be downloaded and so on.

But because you do have complete other hardware than me, we cannot compare the results. it would not make any sense.

Load down and use hwinfo, and after the benchmark you will see max-values of your CPU, GPU, VRM concerning voltage, temperatures, clockrates, fanspeeds, boost-clocks etc.

edit: after above tests you can goolge for 3070ti-tests and compare boost-clocks, powerusage etc. with your's.

Sep 6, 2022
The values showed in GPU-Z are definitly idle-values. It's quite normal, my 3080 shows similar values while idling.

hi @alexbirdie,

do you own a 3080 Asus Strix? If yes, would you mind to tell me your GPU Board Power Draw shown in GPU-Z while idling?
I am asking because I just got one and no matter what I do the card draws 50 watt which is a lot compared to for example this 3070 Ti which only draws 10 while idling.

Sep 6, 2022
I do have a asus tuf 3080 10G OC, undervolted to 0.831 Volt , 1815-1845 Mhz.

Idle power (while doing nothing or only web-surfing) is about 30 W (hwinfo,msi-afterburner).

https://ibb.co/GxCH4CL

Dankeschön! :)

I just got a 3080 12 GB Rog Strix and undervolted it to 800 @ 1800. Everything is stable. Sadly the card pulls 50 Watt while idling, even with the stock settings and only one monitor connected...

So I am on the search for a reason or if other ASUS cards also pull that much power.