How I know power supply is working?

jason1488

Reputable
Apr 4, 2018
My power supply is atx 12v power supply. It's compatible for 24pin motherboards.

While I using the computer suddenly turned off. And it's not powering on. No signs of power. But I connected it to 20pin motherboard it's working fine.

What is the matter with my PSU. Did you can help.

Solution
1| Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age?
2| The sure fire way to test out a PSU is to have a PSU tester at hand...like Thermaltake's Dr Power II(I think, that's what it's called).
3| Your issues sounds like the PSU has begun degrading and can no longer deliver the necessary power for you primary system. FYI using an older platform to test the PSU does not guarantee that the PSU is competent.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Make and model of your PSU as well as it's age?
2| The sure fire way to test out a PSU is to have a PSU tester at hand...like Thermaltake's Dr Power II(I think, that's what it's called).
3| Your issues sounds like the PSU has begun degrading and can no longer deliver the necessary power for you primary system. FYI using an older platform to test the PSU does not guarantee that the PSU is competent.

Solution

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Hi Jason, Maybe connect your motherboard to another PSU and see if that makes it work again. It is possible that your motherboard is faulty.
If it works with another PSU then your PSU is to blame. If the PSU is faulty it is advisable to get another one, even if it seems to work with another motherboard.

Gabor