[SOLVED] How Important is QVL?

Haakenloob

Honorable
Aug 31, 2014
I recently picked up a Ryzen 5 3600x and an Aorus Elite x570 WIFI to begin my upgrade. I found a set of RAM I'm looking at (Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, 2x8 3200; CMW16GX4M2C3200C16), but that specific set is not listed on any QVL for that MOBO (I've looked at a couple, including Gigabyte's website). There are many that are extremely close (just 1 letter difference in some cases), but not exact. Am I going to have any issues if I go with that set? TIA!

Solution
Just FYI,
Corsair Vengeance RAM has a history of NOT running at the full rated speeds on Ryzen systems.

Apparently some LPX kits are suitable for AMD use, but Corsair doesn't really mark them specifically as such on the packaging.
There is some information on their website, but the key thing to look for, is a Z in the model name, such as CMK16GX4M2Z5000C18.
That means the kit should work with AMD. If you get a kit without the Z in the model name, it might not work.
PSA: Corsair LPX and AMD | TechPowerUp Forums

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Just FYI,
Corsair Vengeance RAM has a history of NOT running at the full rated speeds on Ryzen systems.

Apparently some LPX kits are suitable for AMD use, but Corsair doesn't really mark them specifically as such on the packaging.
There is some information on their website, but the key thing to look for, is a Z in the model name, such as CMK16GX4M2Z5000C18.
That means the kit should work with AMD. If you get a kit without the Z in the model name, it might not work.
PSA: Corsair LPX and AMD | TechPowerUp Forums

Solution