Now if <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22504" target="_new">this</A> isn't the essence of irony, then I have no idea what irony is...

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
It was very unprofessional-imo-for the Intel woman to leave the stage.

I know they are direct compeditors, but lets pretend we are all professional adults.

LOL - ya gotta imagine the judges are getting blacklisted! I just couldn't stop laughing when I read that. AMD gets the best mfr award at an <i>Intel</i> sponsored event!

Agreed, but you have to believe they were HOT under the collar! Anywhoo, they should have had a rep stay on th stage to present the award...

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
I don't think the fact intel sponsored that event was what made the irony.. if intel had won the award, everyone would cry it was a setup. I mean, they sponsor so much.

The real irony lays in the fact that an intel representative was supposed to hand out the award to AMD.. now that must bite.

Still I agree with the above poster it was a terrible idea to just abandon the stage. A much more mature way of handling this would be to just hand it over and make some funny comment about intel not quite agreeing with the vote result, or at the very least have someone else hand out this (and or some other) awards.

What she did now, is more damaging for intels image if you ask me. Its like a sportsteam that can't even congratulate the opposing team if they lost a match. If I where her boss, I'd fire her (or whomever told her to leave the stage). Its not like this award will change anything for intel or AMD.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

awfully vague description. What about a tall dumb blonde that looks like Roseanne Barr?

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
If she looks like Paris Hilton, I would still fire her. If she looked like Roseanne Barr, she would never have been hired in the first place :D

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
nope, definately not my type. Unless you mean to do my laundry and the dishes.. I guess she could qualify for that,. but then, I also guess she'd suck at ironing ;)