How is "Forsa" as a GPU brand?

ben13

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Oh Hey folks!

I'm planning to get a 560 ti for friend of mine, but here in India, Forsa version seems 20-30$ cheaper than ASUS,Gigabyte,Zotac ones...
I tried searching over TH forum about it, saw posts back to 2008 regarding the quality about, when they were not authorized partners for NVIDIA cards.
But they are authorized partners now over Asia region, I'd like to know how good their cards are? Cooling wise? Stability wise? Service wise? Warranty wise?

The thing I'm talking of: http://www.ebay.in/itm/NVIDIA-GEFORCE-GTX560-Ti-1GB-DDR5-256BIT-PCI-E-CARD-FORSA-/110811410918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item19ccdff1e6

If anyone got experience with FORSA 560Ti, please post them here. :D
Thanks!

P.S- Those $20-30 doesn't matters a lot when buying a card alone but when you're making a system from scratch and want max out of your budget, they sure helps! :kaola:

Edit: There's ASUS 560 GTX DCu version at same price. How about getting that and overclock it to match with 560Ti?
http://www.flipkart.com/asus-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560-1-gb-gddr5-graphics-card/p/itmd2rynhtf3zspc/search-computercomponents-gtx-560/2?ref=7467d943-7ce3-4d47-a8e7-274311f38a96&pid=grcd2rynhb7jkguj

Solution
I'm sure that some have purchased the Forsa brand and had goo dluck with it but like anything else the performance is one thing and the customer service and tech support is the other.
Even though they are reletivly an unknown brand the one thing you can count on is that the gpu is from Nvidia and I would think that Nvidia would not let thier gpu to be just slapped on to any board and cooler setuo because thier reputatiuon is also on the line so they don't want a bunch of cards floating around that don't work or are not performing well.
That brings us back to the customer service and tech support and that is an important part of the purchase since you don'tant to be left with a brick or paperweight. It may very well be worth the $20 or...
I'm sure that some have purchased the Forsa brand and had goo dluck with it but like anything else the performance is one thing and the customer service and tech support is the other.
Even though they are reletivly an unknown brand the one thing you can count on is that the gpu is from Nvidia and I would think that Nvidia would not let thier gpu to be just slapped on to any board and cooler setuo because thier reputatiuon is also on the line so they don't want a bunch of cards floating around that don't work or are not performing well.
That brings us back to the customer service and tech support and that is an important part of the purchase since you don'tant to be left with a brick or paperweight. It may very well be worth the $20 or $30 to have good customer service or you could roll the dice. Maybe if you really shop around you could catch a sale or rebate to make up the difference.
You could overclock a 560 to get up close to a 560Ti but having to do that leaves you no room for improvement. But it is an option.

Solution

ben13

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012

That was some good explanation. For GPU, definitely yes, but for cooler, companies are allowed to use their own cooling system, so I think this Forsa brand is using some low-end cooler for it's GPU range... price speaks!
Anyways, Thanks really. I ordered 560 GTX Sparkle one, got a 20$ cashback. :D

Good for you , it pays to shop around.
I am not familiar with the requirements that Nvidia would have from thier partners but I tend to think that there is some sort of requirement that they have to go by so that the Nvidia name doesn't get trashed. It is a highly competetitve market and they are head to head against AMD.

spat55

Distinguished

I think I would buy a different brand just in case, they are only slightly more expensive and it might work out in the future, if it doesn't work then your gonna be upset, then you go to customer support and they don't help your gonna be furious.