Question How is my build?

mobilegameemail07

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
I am a first time building and I want to make sure I have made a good list of parts before I go out an buy them. This is the PC I am trying to build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/brnbbX. I want to be able to play games on this PC and also do some work with Photoshop and Illustrator. I think that this would be a good PC, but my main worry is that It won't be powerful enough to do the things I want to do.

mobilegameemail07

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
The AIO is overkill. Try the included Wraith cooler before you buy aftermarket. Even then, a $50 tower air cooler will work just fine.

Would be nice to spend AIO budget on 2x16GB RAM and/or a non-QLC SSD.

That's quite the GPU. What monitor?

I will try the included cooler before getting an aftermarket one. I was planning on using an Acer - XFA240 monitor, but I am not too sure what monitor I will use. Do you have any recommendations?

mtracy1991

Reputable
I agree with tennis, I run the stock cpu cooler and my temps never go beyond 60 degrees celcius. But this also takes part of the case I have, which is the blackhawk ultra & have over 12 fans blowing in the case.

Question 1:

Does the ASRock - X470 MOBO suffice for the amount of USB Ports you need for daily tasks? If not, I suggest looking at other styles of Mobos.
Tip: Look at your local BestBuy and see if there are any hard drive sales or other sales in the nature of your PC build because they price match.

Question 2:
Are you happy with the amount of fans you can use?
IE: Front 2 x 140mm fans or 3 x 120mm fans
Rear: 1 x Dynamic X2 GP-12 (included)
Top: 2 x 120mm / 2 x 140mm fan

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I will try the included cooler before getting an aftermarket one. I was planning on using an Acer - XFA240 monitor, but I am not too sure what monitor I will use. Do you have any recommendations?
I'll second not getting an AIO. High end air coolers like the Noctua NH D15 (https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-d15-se-am4 ) can cool as effectively as an AIO without pump noise and the shorter lifespan of non-serviceable models like the H150i Pro.

That RTX 2080 has an annoying blower style cooler. You're better off ditching the AIO to place budget elseware in your build:

PCPartPicker Part List
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($279.79 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - X470 Master SLI/AC ATX AM4 Motherboard ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($138.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($76.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card ($699.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1535.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-15 09:14 EDT-0400

Memory with faster timings and higher bandwidth.
A faster NVME SSD.
GIgabyte RTX 2080 with better cooling.

Last edited:
Just another +1 to ditching the AIO. I'd suggest putting the saved money towards a better motherboard, faster RAM and a better PSU.
And before anyone asks, the 750W GQ unit is a FSP one, not bad by any means but could be better at that price point.
For example: The EVGA G2 and G3 units are made by Super Flower and are much better in quality while not costing much if any extra.

mobilegameemail07

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
Alight everyone has given some great advice. I dropped AIO from my list. Does anyone have any advice on what specific parts I should get with the money not spent on the AIO? I was thinking about getting more RAM, but I don't know if they are any specific parts I should look into.