How is my gaming setup? I feel like its underperforming.

marcusmarto

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
My Gaming PC consists of;

Intel Core i5-6400 Skylake Processor
HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB
MSI B150 Gaming Pro, Socket-1151
MSI Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming 6gb X

Also running two screens from GPU.

I keep getting low FPS and feel like its slow in general, what could it be? All drivers should be up to date, all i can think of is BIOS settings.

Solution
Sounds about right, that's a low speed i5 and games generally love single core performance. Although older my i5 4670k OC'd to 4.3Ghz only just holds a minimum of 60fps in the latest cpu heavy games, I'm trying to plan my upgrade now. Anyway I don't know by how much but my 4670k is going to be noticeably stronger than a 6400 running at 2.7-3.3 Ghz even though the 6400 has better IPC.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

what temps are you getting? you shouldn't be having any problem with low fps...also what games are u playing

Define slow FPS in what game, what resolution you playing the said game and with graphic setting for the mentioned game.

example: FPS say for PUBG with your set up will run 75-115 FPS at best for example why ? because the game is poorly optimized because it is still in early beta.

now slow-moving computers can be checked for malware and viruses (look for program), the you also need to check and clear junk files and defrag your hard drive (see windows tools when you right click on drive).

I noticed you failed to mention your hard drive type/size and how much free space was left on it.
if you have less then 10% of the size left on your hard drive, slow processing will occur because the system has no breathing room for swapping file data from and to it .

also if your hard drive is a "HDD" standard drive, then suggest you upgrade to a new SSD drive, going from 150mbs to 550mbs makes a huge performance change when loading os and games.

marcusmarto

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

marcusmarto

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

Guild wars 2 i understand will get low fps sometimes as the frame-rate can be effected by the server if its overloaded in a certain areas (say the market for example). It will probably perform the same as how Elder Scrolls online ran on my beast pc (50-120ish fps) and i was getting low usage all over the place. Game wasn't very demanding for my build.

-What frame-rate are you getting in Rocket League & Overwatch
-Is there any difference between low and ultra settings performance wise?
-What is your GPU usage & temp
-What is your CPU usage & temp

Sounds about right, that's a low speed i5 and games generally love single core performance. Although older my i5 4670k OC'd to 4.3Ghz only just holds a minimum of 60fps in the latest cpu heavy games, I'm trying to plan my upgrade now. Anyway I don't know by how much but my 4670k is going to be noticeably stronger than a 6400 running at 2.7-3.3 Ghz even though the 6400 has better IPC.

Solution