How is Newegg India's return policy?

goromsuman

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Hi, I am from India and I am planning to build a pc. I was browsing through the items in newegg and I found it way cheaper than what amazon offers. Anyway, my question is have anyone bought something from newegg india? How is the return policy of the website, specifically for defective or wrong items? If it is like amazon then I am definitely going to buy my new pc from newegg.

Solution
A) After you put stuff in your cart, click on "proceed to checkout". This where you will be pleasantly surprised to find that the prices including custom duty and shipping are more than those in any website in India

B) Their return policy is clearly mentioned in their terms on the site. THey accept return requests within 15 days of you recieving the item and only if they are DOA or if they ship wrong stuff by mistake

All in all, do not fall for it. You not only pay much more than Indian prices, you also lose out on all warranty whatsoever. Except EVGA graphics card probably. And, that too is not without its problems. Any EVGA product you buy outside India and if it carries international warranty has to be shipped at your expense to...
O-O I dont even know that new egg is in india too i would like to also know the prices are very good there
i have checked for few items its
"Return for refund: 15 days
Return for replacement within: 15 days
Restocking fee: Yes"

EDIT: Just checked that the items are shipping from USA so no warranty
and the price there was converted from the $
i tried to add some Fans in card worth 3,270 after that the shipping 2,107 Total amount ₹ 5,377 so not worth it

paliwaldushyant7

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Go through the complete process guy after shipping cost Rs 2000+ then comes the estimated custom duty as well. So to get hardware at prices prevalent in North America is still a dream in our country.

themvp_in

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
Their India policy is pretty much the same as their international policy, you got to ship any RMA stuff back to Newegg in US

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
A) After you put stuff in your cart, click on "proceed to checkout". This where you will be pleasantly surprised to find that the prices including custom duty and shipping are more than those in any website in India

B) Their return policy is clearly mentioned in their terms on the site. THey accept return requests within 15 days of you recieving the item and only if they are DOA or if they ship wrong stuff by mistake

All in all, do not fall for it. You not only pay much more than Indian prices, you also lose out on all warranty whatsoever. Except EVGA graphics card probably. And, that too is not without its problems. Any EVGA product you buy outside India and if it carries international warranty has to be shipped at your expense to Taiwan to request for warranty services. Which is a pain to say the least. No other component from any other brand is covered in warranty whatsoever.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS