Question How is password manager from Bitdefender and Norton compared with an old version of 1Password?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, I have been using 1Password version 4 on different platforms including my Windows PC. Is it a bad idea to continue to use such an aged version of the software?
I am considering to buy Bitdefender or Norton for added cyber security protections. I read that they include a password manager. How are these password managers compared with 1Paddword?

Using older versions of software from a security standpoint isn't usually a good idea, especially if newer versions fix vulnerabilities. I'm not aware of any on 1Password, but that doesn't mean there aren't any (plus I'm too lazy to research this)

Regarding third party security software, ask yourself what sort of position you're in and if you really need that sort of software. If you're the kind of person who keeps a level head on the internet, is careful about opening up random things attached in email or what you've downloaded, etc. and you're not someone famous or rich or have any reason for people to target you, then you don't really need it.