How is this build?

Om_nom

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to build a new computer sometime this year and i just wanted to know what you think about this build and if you have any suggestions:

Case: CoolerMaster Silencio 352

Motherboard: Asus Z87M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T4-18PK-R1 70.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler
PSU: Corsair RM-650 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

I'm trying to keep this build as powerful/silent as possible.

What settings do you think i'll be able to achieve on today's games?

Finally, if i'm trying to overclock in the future, do you think the CPU cooler would cut it? or is it better to use the stock cooler and then save for a liquid cooled solution later down the line?

Thanks!:D

Edit: to give you an idea of my price range;
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Om_nom/saved/3bXm

Solution
I dont have those parts, but you will difintely be maxing out game settings.

I am going the stock cooling route until I get a custom liquid loop next month, the haswell chips do run hot, so I would advise picking up some thermal paste for the cpu either the tried and true artic silver 5 or Tuniq TX-4 which I can personally vouche for as an effective paste.

If you are limited on space this is great, but personally I would go with an ATX case for better cooling. I doubt fans can pull adequate air through those vents and a radiator like they have on cooler master's website.

Lastly unless you have a touch screen monitor or you personally like windows 8 already, almost anyone will tell you to use windows 7

maora34

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
That's a pretty nice build you got there. I don't think you'll have a very huge problem running most current-gen games at ultra/ultimate settings. The only games that come to mind that may challenge the system as of now would be the rather obvious ones such as Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, and maybe some other titles. Other than that, your system seems pretty equipped to handle current-gen games at ultimate. Next-gen may prove an obstacle though. For now, you most likely won't have to worry about it, but I do suggest maybe looking into getting two GPUs and so you can SLI them. Maybe that or you can upgrade a little and get something with a bit more power like a 770 or 780.

As for the overclocking, it would most likely be advised to save up for a liquid cooling system. It'll give you some more flexibility and definitely help if you plan to OC. May cost more, but in my opinion, worth the price.

Hope I at least provided some help. Not exactly an expert at this but I'll gladly put in what I know to provide assistance in any way possible. :)

Typolo

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
I dont have those parts, but you will difintely be maxing out game settings.

I am going the stock cooling route until I get a custom liquid loop next month, the haswell chips do run hot, so I would advise picking up some thermal paste for the cpu either the tried and true artic silver 5 or Tuniq TX-4 which I can personally vouche for as an effective paste.

If you are limited on space this is great, but personally I would go with an ATX case for better cooling. I doubt fans can pull adequate air through those vents and a radiator like they have on cooler master's website.

Lastly unless you have a touch screen monitor or you personally like windows 8 already, almost anyone will tell you to use windows 7

Solution

Typolo

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Also for upgrading (maybe SLI) it would be good to get a larger case and motherboard.

Om_nom

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Thanks guys for the help!

I think i will save for liquid cooling whilst using the stock cooler as a temporary solution. As for the case, i've got alot of spare fans so i will definitely be using those.

For storage I should be good (I hope), i mainly stream my music and i never keep games installed if i don't play them... I prefer to back them up to my external hard drive

I think i'll probably be using windows 7 now too unless something happens to windows 8.1 which i really like :)