How is this keyboard?

Solution
the one i posted (non-backlit) is $89 the one you posted (backlit) is $109

up to you if backlighting is worth this cost (since you shouldnt use the pc in the dark anyways i think its trivial but most people like backlighting for some reason.

your choice about the cherry mx. honestly they arent terrible switches (i still prefer the feel of the buckling springs though) but you need to be very careful about drinking anything near it.

i've lost count of the times people post regarding spilling things into them. i've even done the same thing.
ducky is a respected mechanical keyboard brand.

the zero lineup just happens to be their "budget" or low level brand.

this particular one doesnt have a backlight but does have blue mx switches for only $86
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=263

another low cost solution are unicomp classics which use the old school buckling spring type keyswitches. personally i feel they are superior to cherry switches though they are louder.

the unicomp (well its originally an ibm design) features a drip tray which can protect against minor spills. any cherry mx design funnels any liquid right into the switches which sucks. i've had my wasd keyboard die in this manner. really poor design if you ask me.

the ducky will work fine for you however do NOT have any drinks near it at all. not even on the same table. i would also suggest not eating around it as well but that is not as critical.

mattriv15

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Well actually I posted the wrong link, it is the same keyboard but it is backlit.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/415797/DK2108S_Black_Keyboard_with_Blue_Switch,_Backlight
And also I am gonna stick with the cherry mx blue because I really like the sound of it and I usually do not eat around my computer. But thanks for the tip for the future.

the one i posted (non-backlit) is $89 the one you posted (backlit) is $109

up to you if backlighting is worth this cost (since you shouldnt use the pc in the dark anyways i think its trivial but most people like backlighting for some reason.

your choice about the cherry mx. honestly they arent terrible switches (i still prefer the feel of the buckling springs though) but you need to be very careful about drinking anything near it.

i've lost count of the times people post regarding spilling things into them. i've even done the same thing.

Solution