How is this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahhaj

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I need a laptop for university that not only has power but can also be used to take notes. I came across this which is little bit over my budget of $1000, but I think I can afford it. My main concern is the build quality of the laptop. I need this to last at least my 4 years of college and it has to be durable since I will be moving it from class to class. There is a gtx 920M graphics card in a 13.3'' laptop. So heat might also be a concern during gaming. I don't want this thing heating up and shutting down in the middle of a gaming session.

I hear Asus is pretty good in terms of build quality so that's why I am looking at this. Based on my concerns above, do you think that this laptop is a good buy? Or is there something better I should be looking at?

metalicgeek

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
The Transformer Book series has generally had above-average build quality for the price range. In this instance, you have a relatively powerful ULV i7 CPU that will contribute to great battery life. Meanwhile, the GeForce 920M is a downsized rebrand of a 4-year-old laptop graphics card called the GT 540M. It does not produce a lot of heat at all.

If you want even less weight, better build quality, and better battery life, at the expensive of gaming capability, I highly recommend the ASUS Zenbook UX305:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-zenbook-ux305fa-rbm1-cb-13-3inch-m-5y10-81-110932.htm

wahhaj

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
I don't think the zenbook has a tablet mode which is the biggest requirement here so I'll stick with the transformer. Thanks for the input.

Ameernoor

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015
If you want even less weight, better build quality, and better battery life, at the expensive of gaming capability

ASUS ROG GL551JM-DH71

Status
Not open for further replies.