How is WXP-Home registry cleaned?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

On another MS NG I was told to leave the registry alone - but what about the
hundreds of useless keys/trash that collects there? When we had W98SE we
used Regedit, but what is used for WXP-Home? Anyone?

I can't believe no one cleans the registry in XP.

FS........

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Whatever you did with win9x you can probably still do with Windows XP using
regedit but unless you have a compelling reason to do so, it's best to leave
the registry intact.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> Whatever you did with win9x you can probably still do with Windows XP
using
> regedit but unless you have a compelling reason to do so, it's best to
leave
> the registry intact.

# What do you do when there are thousands of unnecessary keys there? Just
leave them? Don't they slow down the PC?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Really shouldn't pose a problem.

--

The program that I use is "JV16": http://www.jv16.org/ .

--