[SOLVED] How it works (RAM)-?-?-?-?-?

Dec 21, 2019
Hi, I'v got some questions . Could someone explain me how to choose RAMs . At this moment I will point out that I was searching on the internet but there is a lot of information and I found myself struggling .

1. I'd like to change my rams in the laptop ....
a) I should look up CPU if it's able to handle these modules ....
b) Either i should check motherboard or not ? This is the main question because rams are connected to the norhbridge on the computer's motherboard for sure but in the laptop Likely they are connected directly do the CPU ? I know that i need to choose accurate type ddr4 interface so-dimm, etc .

Solution
Ok I will thanks for this program i never have heard about this . I took look at my processor its spec says that it can handle only 2400Mhz . No i don't have any issue but my search started when I had saw in task manager that my speed memory is equal to 2400Mhz instead , designed samsung memory speed 2666
That speed (2400) is what it defaults to if nothing is changed in BIOS, like setting the RAM to run at 2600 by adjusting the A-XMP setting. As it is now, there is no problem running the RAM at slower speed that it is rated for. And best of all, practically no difference in performance.

The speed rating you find on a RAM stick simply means that is the fastest speed the RAM stick is guaranteed to run at. Running RAM...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I'd check the laptop website and see if they list suitable memory, how many sticks it can accept, max size per stick, etc. Normally, it is the motherboard that determines the correct memory to use. What is the make/model of your laptop?

Dec 21, 2019
I'd check the laptop website and see if they list suitable memory, how many sticks it can accept, max size per stick, etc. Normally, it is the motherboard that determines the correct memory to use. What is the make/model of your laptop?

My laptop's spec:
Yoga 530-14ARR Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81H9
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Mobile (FP5) 2000Mhz - 3600Mhz
Hard Drive: SSD KBG30ZMT256G TOSHIBA
Rams: 2x(Samsung DDR-4 SDRAM 4 GB 2666MHz PC-21300)

To my mind the rams modules , they are have too high speed for this laptop , someone by mistake placed them
and I'd like to order new ones .

Dec 21, 2019
Ok I will thanks for this program i never have heard about this . I took look at my processor its spec says that it can handle only 2400Mhz . No i don't have any issue but my search started when I had saw in task manager that my speed memory is equal to 2400Mhz instead , designed samsung memory speed 2666

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That speed (2400) is what it defaults to if nothing is changed in BIOS, like setting the RAM to run at 2600 by adjusting the A-XMP setting. As it is now, there is no problem running the RAM at slower speed that it is rated for. And best of all, practically no difference in performance.

The speed rating you find on a RAM stick simply means that is the fastest speed the RAM stick is guaranteed to run at. Running RAM slower is normal and has no ill effects. In fact, the RAM should be even more stable running it at 2400 MHz.

Solution
Dec 21, 2019
Could you look at these results I mean DRAM Frequency I , I have to multiple the amount by 2 .
But it's weird from time to time frequency change start from 400 now it is 933 sometimes up to 1200 it should be all the time and sometimes 1068 ....

pnlqth1Cp

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
CPU-Z shows your RAM running at 1866MHz in that screenshot. 933 x 2: DDR (Double Data Rate). It should show ~1200 MHz (x2). For some reason, the RAM is running in asynchronous mode. (?)
Did you make any changes in the BIOS/UEFI? For some reason it is running slower than it should.

Dec 21, 2019
CPU-Z shows your RAM running at 1866MHz in that screenshot. 933 x 2: DDR (Double Data Rate). It should show ~1200 MHz (x2). For some reason, the RAM is running in asynchronous mode. (?)
Did you make any changes in the BIOS/UEFI? For some reason it is running slower than it should.

I have looked at BIOS settings there are not too many so I have found nothing which can be connected or related with RAMS
Do you have any idea where i can start searching the problem. I'm close to give up I wast to much time. And Now my point of view is that
CPU-z shows wrong.

Dec 21, 2019
Unfortunately , I can't install Ryzen Master , do not support my processor . But I have noticed that if i far enough stress my processor or ram speed increase to 1200 this is right value. But at this moment i'm testing new rams Corsair Vegance 2x8gb 2400 . also works in the async mode .

TRENDING THREADS