[SOLVED] How keep Win 7 Prof save

cpeterm

Honorable
Feb 16, 2019
Home use.
  1. Win 7 support and MSSecurity stopped. I wish too keep Win 7. Must I get malware/virus software? Which one?
  2. Can I run Office 365 Word/Excel with Win 7
Thanks Tom & co

Solution
Home use.
  1. Win 7 support and MSSecurity stopped. I wish too keep Win 7. Must I get malware/virus software? Which one?
Thanks Tom & co

1. It's best to take your computer offline, until you can upgrade to Windows 10. Once an OS is no longer supported, it's bound to have vulnerabilities found and not patched. Virtual machines are also a good idea. Just disable the internet connectivity to that VM.

2. Yes you can, but you need to activate it with Microsoft. LibreOffice is another free and opensource alternative.
D

Deleted member 14196

To stay safe you need to move to a version of Windows that is still supported. The longer you stay on 7 the greater the risk.

yes. this is the only way forward. eventually they will find they have to switch anyway.

i bet the newer versions of malwarbytes and others will make the apps not even run on win7 and there will be no support for anything, including games. lol. they will be stuck.

i wonder how many people still use windows 98? hahahahha

mangaman

Honorable
Home use.
Thanks Tom & co

1. It's best to take your computer offline, until you can upgrade to Windows 10. Once an OS is no longer supported, it's bound to have vulnerabilities found and not patched. Virtual machines are also a good idea. Just disable the internet connectivity to that VM.

2. Yes you can, but you need to activate it with Microsoft. LibreOffice is another free and opensource alternative.

Solution

cpeterm

Honorable
Feb 16, 2019
I use Malware Bytes with Win7: https://www.malwarebytes.com/

I don't have any experience with the Windows products you mentioned so can't help you with that. That's one of the reasons I don't like Win10 - their subscription model sucks and I can do everything I need to do with the older versions.
Thanks. I am using Win 7 Professional 2010. Your comment "with the older version" : You mean an older Win version?