how know what king of memory (ram) have my computer

ricardo

hi, im sorry for this question, im new using computers.

i want to buy more memory ( 512mb)
but... where can i get the information for this memory ?

thanks

Visit www.crucial.com to determine the type
of RAM that is required for your PC.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"ricardo" <ricardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, im sorry for this question, im new using computers.
>
> i want to buy more memory ( 512mb)
> but... where can i get the information for this memory ?
>
> thanks

You can download and install everesthome or cpu-z to know your memory type
and information (but also your cpu and motherboard information that will
help you know the types of RAM supported).
Hope this will help.
The Undertaker

EVEREST Home edition is free from www.lavalys.com

"The Undertaker" <chrispak9@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| "ricardo" <ricardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > hi, im sorry for this question, im new using computers.
| >
| > i want to buy more memory ( 512mb)
| > but... where can i get the information for this memory ?
| >
| > thanks
|

| You can download and install everesthome or cpu-z to know
your memory type
| and information (but also your cpu and motherboard
information that will
| help you know the types of RAM supported).
| Hope this will help.
| The Undertaker

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:7FF76FA8-23FF-478A-AF83-0DD98519CD1B@microsoft.com,
ricardo <ricardo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> hi, im sorry for this question, im new using computers.
>
> i want to buy more memory ( 512mb)
> but... where can i get the information for this memory ?
>
> thanks

Try this:

Everest Home Edition download and review - system information tool ...:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Keep in mind that your motherboard limits how much RAM you can install, as
well as limits the size of the RAM Modules you can install in the slots.
You need to be sure that you can add that much before you spend the money.

Bobby