Question How likely is it for fixed AMD CPU pins to bend again?

Aug 19, 2019
I had to exchange my mobo, so I had to take the cpu out.
I freaked when I noticed bent pins after I struggled taking the wraith prism out.
It had only been 38 days since I had the cpu T^T
I managed to straighten them with a tombow lead pencil tip, but the cpu wobbled up and down from the diagonal corners(top right and bottom left) and I couldn't remember if it did this before. I kinda gave up and decided to just push it in a bit lightly so it would stop wobbling.
Luckily it booted with the new mobo!
However, I was planning to change cpu cooler later on. If I try to take the wraith prism off again how likely is it that pins will get bent again? evem if, ie, I pay a professional to do it?

Also, just wanted to know how I can check if cpu is not working like before after straightening the pins. Idk if I actually bent them again when I pushed it and just got lucky that it booted. The ram works and cpu temps are like b4, anything else I should check?

I just found this where they describe the seesaw motion wobbling, and it was told to be normal, but is it?
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/629887-cpu-wobbly/

Bent pins shouldnt be any more easy to bend than non-bent pins, just more fragile.
Overall, you shouldnt be worried about bent pins from replacing coolers, it shouldnt be a regular occurrence. Let the system run for a few minutes before you power down and disassemble to soften up the thermal paste.

It would generally be obvious if you were having pin related issues, but sometimes it can manifest in different ways (non working RAM slots that arent currently in use)

I don't see how replacing the cooler would cause you to remove the CPU from the socket anyway...

It's actually very easy since the thermal paste often dries on making a very tight seal with the CPU surface. If you use brute force, pulling straight out, the tiny pins pull out of their sockets. If you're lucky and pulling straight on nothing happens, but if you pull just a little bit side-ways some can bend.

To OP: solution is to heat up the CPU some with a heavy load to soften the paste and then twist the heatsink back and forth several times to break the seal before pulling straight up on it. Always avoid tilting it when pulling up.

It's actually very easy since the thermal paste often dries on making a very tight seal with the CPU surface. If you use brute force, pulling straight out, the tiny pins pull out of their sockets. If you're lucky and pulling straight on nothing happens, but if you pull just a little bit side-ways some can bend.

To OP: solution is to heat up the CPU some with a heavy load to soften the paste and then twist the heatsink back and forth several times to break the seal before pulling straight up on it. Always avoid tilting it when pulling up.
True - but then I always used the "twist" method when unseating a CPU, and i't very exceptional that a CPU I mounted myself has its paste dried up - I regularly take my machines apart for cleanup and replace the thermal paste then.